Starting To See Wrinkles? Take Care Of Them Now

If you are getting to the age where you are starting to see fine lines and wrinkles appear on your face, you should take care of them now. If you wait, the wrinkles will get deeper and larger, which will make them harder to treat. Below are two treatment options you can choose from to make your wrinkles go away.

Dermal Fillers

Dermal fillers are often made of hyaluronic acid, which is a substance that exists in the body. The filler is injected into the wrinkle with a needle and fills the area in to plump up your skin. This makes the wrinkles disappear and helps create volume and contour. After the treatment, you will start to see results immediately and it will only take a few weeks to see the full results in most cases. 

Dermal fillers will last a long time but are not a permanent solution. The dermatologist that gives you this treatment can tell you how long you should expect this to last. This will depend on the type of wrinkles you have. For example, fine lines may stay away longer than deeper wrinkles. These fillers work well for wrinkles between your eyebrows and mouth lines. Dermal fillers can also be used to add volume to lips.

Chemical Peel

There are different types of chemical peels you can choose from. One is a light peel which exfoliates your skin surface, also known as the epidermis, to remove surface dead skin and fine lines. This type of peel does not work well if you have a lot of wrinkles, but it does make your skin look much healthier and glowing. After the treatment, your skin will peel for a short time and your skin will be red. 

There are also medium chemical peels that remove skin cells a little deeper into the next layer of skin, which is known as the dermis. The peel may have to be repeated to achieve the desired results. As with a light peel, your skin will peel away over the next week or so. 

A deep peel is also available which is much more painful as the peel goes deeper into your skin. You generally have this done by a cosmetic or plastic surgeon in a hospital as you will need to go under anesthesia. The recovery period is much longer, but the results will last you for many years in most cases. 

Talk with a dermatologist and/or cosmetic surgeon to learn more about dermal fillers or chemical peels.